Sunday 24 February 2008

As I sit here eating rocky road from Avoca in Rathcoole................

I feel compelled to tell you about my new camera (and laptop tee hee) which is a Canon Eos 400d that I bought from Komplett.ie. It's my first "grown-up" camera, meaning a non point and shoot and it's THE BUSINESS!!! I am so impressed with the difference in my photos, there's a depth to them now which wasn't there before and was irritating the hell out of me every single time I took a photos of something I'd made.

I know some people might say this is a pretty basic digital SLR camera but for me it's fantastic coming from a point and shoot perspective (I still love you old camera but more for drunken photos at parties you see and you'll have a much better time there than in my kitchen, trust me!!!). It's easy to use and along with a macro lens I bought I saved about 400 squids which is a bargain and a half aswell. It arrived on Thursday and I had bought it on Sunday night late which is pretty fast aswell so a vote of confidence for Komplett too.

I might just set up a blog of pictures I'm so chuffed with myself!

And just so you know the rocky road was WAY too sweet and sickly for my liking but I bought the new Avoca teatime book when I was over there and all their dessert recipes are in it YUM!

Here's a couple of shots of the cats an some daffodils that have already bloomed in my back garden cos of the crazily warm weather we've been having

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics look great. You won't know yourself!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics :-)

I have the same camera and love pootling around with it - I now have many, many pics of my extremely patient nephews and nieces...

Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Congrats on the new camera, and lovely pictures too! They're of two of my favorite things- cats, and daffodils!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new camera. It's a beauty :) Have fun with it.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

hi rachel! thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. i love the photos of the cat. i happen to love cata. i see you are fairly new, just like me, so i will keep coming back for more!

lorraine@italianfoodies said...

Photos look great, can't wait to get mine!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new camera. I know how exciting it is, and I look forward to all the photos!

barbie2be said...

you have some beautiful kitties!

Sarah Caron said...

Congratulations on the new camera - my digital SLR was the best purchase I've made in a long time.