Sunday 23 March 2008

Chocolate Ganache Cakes


So this weekend myself and the husbag were away visiting my family who live in Waterford, my cousins are a good few years younger than me so I'd promised I would cook with them and cook we did. We made my smoked haddock fishcakes on Friday night with roasted root vegetables and Italian style broccoli and green beans, homemade pasta filled with ricotta and basil with a fresh tomato sauce and these AMAZING chocolate ganache cakes courtesy of Kieran.

What can I say about these cakes, I've wanted to make them since Kieran blogged about them nin January but the diet started then so they went in my del.icio.us and I kept looking for an occasion to make them and what better time than visiting my family whose 2 children, Lol and J are complete chocoholics!!!

These were a sinch to make, there's chocolate, cream, vanilla and cognac and they are one of the most delicious desserts I've had in a very very long time. The only changes I made to the recipe, were to use vanilla extract instead of a vanilla pod as I didn't have one to hand, everything else was the same and the original recipe is here. I also wanted to use my new individual mini cheesecake tins, which I could find nowhere apart from ebay until I stumbled upon them in a fantastic kitchen shop called Cook Shop in Cork on Saturday AND they were on sale so how could a girl leave them behind?!?!? Everything will be in miniature from now on.........................

Make these and relish in their amazing chocolatey deliciousness

5 comments:

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

Oh heavens! That looks goooood... I think this cake, at room temperature, as the ganache starts to melt away can be the best thing in the world... I can picture myself indulging in this. Oh and with raspberries, of course. Divine. Well done Rachel!

Heidi Robb said...

What about that diet wagon ;-)?!

These cakes are so incredibly edibly tempting.

Rachel@fairycakeheaven said...

I had it hitched out the back waiting for me to get back on!!!! Ate so much good food at the weekend it'll be soups and stir frys from now on!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so delighted the recipe worked well for you! They look brilliant as individual cakes. Very cool!

Scarlett said...

Oh Rach, these look deee-vine!